Skip to content

Bartered Tunic

March 11, 2014

I bartered a linen tunic for a c-belt for my armor.  I also added herringbone stitch on the seams for (what I thought was) a nice touch.  I made the tunic and sewed the seams together using a sewing machine.  The finishing of the seams were done by hand. I hope to receive the c-belt some time after Gulf Wars is over.

embrdoidery15

And here is a close-up of the neckline

embroidery3
Materials: silk thread with 2 strands, cotton thread, linen cloth
Stitches used: herringbone

About these ads

From → Uncategorized

2 Comments
  1. I like the herringbone as a seam finish. I am currently working (slowly) on a chain stitch seam finished hood.

    • Nice! I would warn against finishing with chain stitching. It should be fine on a hood, but it’s starting to unravel on the dresses I finished that way.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: